“With this campaign, AICEP intends to create emotions and surprise, valuing the authenticity, competitiveness and excellence of products MADE IN PORTUGAL naturally”Luís Castro Henriques, Chairman and CEO of Portugal’s Trade and Investment Agency – AICEP
At a time when fairs and other international events remain suspended due to the pandemic, there is an urgent need to innovate and invest in other formats. For this reason, AICEP launched the international promotion campaign “MADE IN PORTUGAL naturally” for the Home and Building Materials clusters, a cross-selling action that will show the world the best of Portugal’s offer in terms of decoration and lifestyle. The purpose of this digital campaign is to capture the interest of international demand, making known the innovation anchored in the quality and tradition of products produced in Portugal and its offer of differentiating value.
The Portuguese Home and Building Materials clusters bring together about twenty thousand businesses, offering an integrated, consistent, and unique range of products. Portuguese products are well-known in the international market for many differentiating attributes and core values, like:
- Sustainability – Using noble and natural raw materials as well as sustainable production methods, guided by strong environmental commitments. Portugal is one of the countries that invests the most in renewable energy sources and on policies to combat climate change.
- Authenticity – Portuguese production stands on the authenticity and genuine creation, where the materials are worked with respect for their essence and the pieces created with a meaning.
- Tradition – As a country with almost nine centuries worth of history, Portugal has invested in innovation without jeopardizing its distinctive and traditional trademark. Centuries-old businesses, most of which are family-run, keep striving to preserve their rich and unique roots.
- Innovation – In addition to an unparalleled creativity, this industry continuously invests in R&D, in bettering its production process and in product innovation.
- Quality – Uniqueness and high performance, sustained by innovation, design, tradition and know-how, along with our environmental and sustainability concerns, ensure higher product quality.
For all these reasons, the MADE IN PORTUGAL naturally campaign was designed to promote and cross the different sectors, such as furniture, lighting, textiles, and also floors and ceramics, integrating them into a lifestyle concept and, thus, awakening the senses and a differentiating experience of unique and exclusive solutions in the national offer, motivating consumer curiosity.
This consumer now has the possibility of entering in a 360º Virtual Showroom, where it is possible to know the quality of the Portuguese offer by making a visit to a residence entirely decorated with Portuguese products and that anyone, anywhere in the world, will be able to visit. This virtual visit will allow you to see the products of the two rows from different angles, in the various decorated spaces and environments, by clicking on the products to access more details. The campaign also features a promotional video that takes us on a journey through a country of unique emotions and attributes, underlining the aggregating capacity of the Portuguese offer.
All campaign supports are available on the website where it is also possible to access a directory of companies, which promotes direct consumer/professional contact with the Portuguese offer, enhancing partnerships and international business.
The Home Cluster is marked by tradition in the art of craftsmanship, quality and customer focus. It incorporates the furniture, lighting, home textiles, houseware, decorative ceramics, cutlery, glass and crystal sectors and is recognised for its ability to innovate, create trends and, above all, for the confidence its heritage of craftsmanship inspires in the international market.
Portuguese Building Materials is committed to innovation and technology, following new trends and providing a varied, high performing, sophisticated and well-designed range. This cluster includes the following sectors: ornamental stones, ceramics, wood, cork, metals, cement, plaster, concrete and its related works, plastics, paints and varnishes, and glass.
Portugal is a country in which culture and tradition coexist with design, technology and R&D. Quality, authenticity and exclusivity characterise the production of Portuguese goods, and are the choice of leading international clients. Portugal is an innovative, sophisticated and forward-looking country in which sustainability is a priority.