The number of holiday destinations on offer in Berlin and Brandenburg has increased for the start of the summer holiday season.
31 airlines currently fly to 52 destinations in 31 countries from Schönefeld and Tegel, and a total of 70 destinations are expected to be on offer this summer.
As of early July, it is expected that the number of daily guests will be on the average of 10,000 and will continue to rise in the weeks that follow.
As of this week, we will see a significant jump, particularly for numerous European holiday regions, Brandenburg GmbH. We will make sure that departures and arrivals are safe and reliable, and that the applicable hygiene regulations are observed.sEngelbert Lütke Daldrup, Chief Executive Officer of Flughafen Berlin
Food and shopping facilities at both airports are also opening up again but their services opening hours are still partially limited, always in line with flight times. Longer service hours are expected to occur with the increase of flight operations.
In addition to London (British Airways), Paris (Air France), Amsterdam (KLM), Helsinki (Finnair), Zurich (Swiss), many cities can once again be reached from Berlin: Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Lisbon, Edinburgh (Ryanair), Brussels (Brussels Airlines), Luxembourg (Luxair), Reykjavík (Icelandair), Vienna (Austrian Airlines) but also Riga and Tallinn (airBaltic) or Kyiv and Chişinău (Wizz Air). Scheduled services to destinations in Turkey (Turkish Airlines, SunExpress, Pegasus) have been resumed.
Within Germany, there are several flights per week to Frankfurt and Munich (Lufthansa), Cologne, Düsseldorf, Stuttgart (Eurowings) and Saarbrücken (DAT).
Safety precautions at Tegel and Schönefeld
- Distance markings on the floor at the check-in areas, security checkpoints and baggage claim
- Plexiglas partitions at check-in and boarding counters as well as at security checkpoints and passport control.
- Contact-less dispensers for hand disinfection at security checkpoints and in waiting areas
- Wipe dispensers at self-check-in counters for passengers to additionally disinfect displays and handles themselves
- Travelers receive up-to-date information on distancing and hygiene rules via the monitors and announcements in the terminals