Travel Tomorrow is looking for an intern in Press and Communications (full-time) for a 6-months period. The role is based in Brussels, Belgium.
1. About Travel Tomorrow
Travel Tomorrow is a global media focused on travel experiences, sustainable tourism, and the impact of Covid-19 on the tourism industry. Travel Tomorrow inspires travelers to rediscover the world, shares information on government tourism measures and recommendations, new health and travel advisories and other relevant information regarding the travel and tourism industry.
Travel Tomorrow is a flagship brand of Buscardini Communications, a Brussels-based Communications Agency.
2. About the role
The Press and Communications/Journalism intern will support Travel Tomorrow’s day-to-day activities through
- Draft and publish articles (Important requirement);
- Research for articles (Important requirement);
- Disseminate content on Social Media (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn);
- Update content on website (WordPress);
- Assist in the preparation of newsletters (MailChimp);
- Editing videos on Adobe Premiere Pro 2020;
- Track and report website statistics (Google Analytics) and social media analytics;
- Assist in event planning and communication;
- Other communications tasks as assigned.
3. Person specification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. French would be a strong asset.
- Research materials and fact-checking data
- Relevant degree in journalism or communication.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro 2020
- Familiar with website editing: WordPress and Drupal (or willingness to learn);
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite (or willingness to learn);
- Attention to detail. Time-management and the drive to deliver to deadlines;
- Political and cultural sensitivity;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
4. Before applying, please bear in mind
Paid internship for a period of six months. A full-time position (5 days a week).
An internship agreement must be signed by Buscardini Communications, the intern and a sending University/School/Institute.
The internship is intended for students who are enrolled in University, who have to complete a compulsory internship and are therefore able to receive a scholarship through Erasmus+ or other programmes. On top, you will receive a monthly financial contribution of EUR 500 from Travel Tomorrow during your internship period.
5. Recruitment process
Please submit your cover letter and CV in a single PDF file not longer than 2 pages to António Buscardini: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the following structure for the subject of your email: [Press and Communications Internship Application] + [Name] + [Family Name]
The closing date for applications is 25 January 2021
Starting date: 1 February 2021