Summer is here and, as every year, people haven’t lost their appetite for vacations. But this year booking a holiday abroad appears very complicated due to the rise of coronavirus cases and the travel bans imposed by many countries. Even in the EU, travel regulations are not harmonized, and governments are taking different decisions in terms of reopenings, quarantine measures, and other restrictions.
Then, if organizing a vacation sounds too stressful and risky, why don’t you opt for a staycation? Summer 2020 is indeed the perfect moment to stay in your own country, enjoy your neighborhoods, and even get off the beaten paths to discover something new of your homeland.
1. Martin’s Hotels Staycation
Martin’s Hotels, a 4-star Belgian hotel chain, has started its Staycation Campaign to encourage Belgians discovering their own country.
Thanks to their 10 locations and 14 hotels, Martin’s Hotels offer a large array of travel possibilities. The hotels are located in Bilzen, Brugge, Brussels, Genval, Louvain-La-Neuve, Leuven, Mechelen, Mons, Tubize, and Waterloo.
Martin’s Staycation offer has a cost of €69 per night, which includes:
- accommodation in a cozy and comfortable room of one of their 14 hotels;
- a rich and healthy breakfast with a supplement of only €10 per person.
- Cancellation is free until 2pm the day before your arrival.
The Staycation summer offer allows travelers to (re)discover Belgium at their own rhythm and combine as many hotels as they want until the end of September.
2. Martin’s travel suggestions
- Travel by bike: If you want to be sustainable and move around by bike, you won’t have to worry about your luggage. Martin’s personnel will transfer your luggage from one hotel to the next one for 45€ per room per night. Note that luggage transfer is organized only from one Martin’s hotel to the other, not from/to your home. Luggage transfer to/from Martin’s Dream, Martin’s Brugge and Martin’s Rentmeesterij is upon request only; a different rate may apply.
- Travel with your family: If you are bringing your family, take advantage of Martin’s kids offer! All children under 12 years old may stay for free in the room. You can also benefit of a 50% off for a room for your children, upon request by email or phone.
- Dine at Martin’s restaurants: In each one of the eight Martin’s restaurants you will immediately feel at home. Both the welcome (warmth, attention to detail, customized services) and the architecture (light colors, acoustics) are designed to create a relaxing and harmonious climate. Make a reservation here.
- Enjoy Martin’s spa: The perfect staycation needs some relaxation too. Check out Martin’s modern spas, where you can release the stress and spoil yourself with a treatment or a massage. Martin’s four spas are located in Bilzen, Genval, Mons and in Louvain-la-Neuve. Remember to book your treatment or massage before arrival.
3. Sanitary measures
Martin’s Hotels apply strict sanitary and security measures to all hotel rooms, facilities, restaurants, and spas. The hotels have introduced new procedures focused on intensive cleaning with rigorous and frequent disinfection. Throughout the hotels, you will find safety signs to help you maintain the correct social distance. The hotels provide guests and personnel with safety and disinfection equipment, including hand sanitizer gel and masks. Martin’s Hotels are working hard to minimize direct interactions thanks to the use of the Martin’s App and the website’s online chat.
Click here to find out more on sanitary and security measures.
If you would like to book your stay in one Martin’s hotel click here.
If you would like to stay in several hotels or arrange luggage transport fill out this form.