You’ve surely seen this ingredient. It’s become a recurrent image behind pizza counters all over the world. Salami is the plural form of the Italian word salame, a cured sausage consisting of fermented and air-dried meat, typically pork.
Now, the cured meats brand Galileo is giving away an Italy trip for two to the region of Le Marche. Stops include the port town of Ancona on Italy’s Adriatic coast, the clear waters of Mount Conero, and San Marino. According to Italy Magazine, the recorded history of the salami dates back to at least 1436.
“We want to continue crafting this experience for our fellow salame lovers, near and far. The ‘Welcome to the Family’ program celebrates our Italian heritage, the next generation of Italian cuisine and, of course, the deliciousness of salame,” said Jeremy Kross, Galileo brand manager.
For the better part of a century, we’ve been curing authentic Italian salame with the idea of family and tradition at its centerJeremy Kross, Galileo brand manager
There is also an immersive experience in Italian food culture included in the “Welcome to the Family” program. Note: the Salami Museum is further north in Parma.
Galileo wants two people to see (and, more importantly, taste) the history of salami for free. To enter the contest, log in to your Instagram account (must be made public) and post a photo of yourself and a caption including the hashtags #GalileoFamily and #Sweepstakes, as well as mention the account @galileosalame (collectively the photo, associated hashtags #GalileoFamily and #Sweepstakes hashtags, and the @galileosalame mention, are your “Entry”). Limit of one (1) Sweepstakes Entry per person throughout the Promotion Period.
Entries may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- Is sexually explicit; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- Promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- Is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- Appears to duplicate any other submitted entries;
- Defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- Contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- Contains any individual other than the you and/or any materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without providing legal releases for such use in a form satisfactory to Sponsor;
- Contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- Communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
- Violates any law.
The contest ends on October 21st.