On July 21st, France made it obligatory to show a passe sanitaire (health pass), for access to public venues for more than 50 people. Then, as of August 9th, the health pass requirement was extended to a range of new settings, including long-distance transport, restaurants and cafés, even France’s famed outdoor terraces. The health pass is a certificate of complete vaccination or recovery or a negative Covid test.
EU travelers can present their digital Covid-19 certificate or any approved European health certificate that show proof of vaccination or testing status. If the certificate has a European flag, it out to be recognized in France. In other words, if you have been vaccinated in one of the following countries: European Union Member States, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, Switzerland, United Kingdom (England and Wales only), you already have an EU Digital COVID Certificate, which is accepted in France, and you do not need a separate COVID certificate.
In order to facilitate the stay of non-European tourists in France, the Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs has set up a specific mechanism for issuing a Covid vaccine certificate of equivalence which is valid on French territory.
This system is only open to non-European tourists who are already in France or who will arrive on or before 26 August 2021. Requests concerning arrival at a later date will be processed later.
You can apply for a COVID vaccine certificate of equivalence if you meet the following conditions:
- You are from a country which is not a member of the European Union;
- You are aged 18 or over (until 30 September 2021, the COVID certificate is not required for minors aged 12 to 17 years, and minors aged under 12 years old are not subject to COVID certificate requirements);
- You have been vaccinated with a vaccine which is accepted by the European Medicines Agency or an equivalent for over: a) 4 weeks if you received a one-dose injection (Johnson&Johnson); b) 7 days after the second injection for two-dose vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca); b) 7 days after the injection if you have recovered from Covid-19 (in this case, only one dose is necessary);
- You are already in France or the European Union or you intend going there within the coming days.
2. How to apply
Prepare the following documents, only in electronic format:
- Application form;
- Your vaccination certificate, drawn up according to the rules of the country of vaccination, and clearly stating the type of vaccine used;
- Your passport;
- Your travel ticket (return ticket).
Send these documents (in .pdf, .jpg or .png format) by e-mail only to the relevant address based on your place of residence. Attachments in .zip format will not be processed.
The e-mail addresses are as follows:
- Zone 1 (United States): email@example.com
- Zone 2 (Canada): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zone 3 (Rest of world): email@example.com