When you talk about Indonesia, the first thing that comes in mind is the glamorous Bali, with its rice-fields and famous Instagram pics but there is more than that. If you look further you can find an adventurous Indonesia, with small desert islands with almost no inhabitants and far from mass tourism. The preserved Indonesia. The off-the-beaten tracks Indonesia.
Because these tiny islands can only be reached by boat, the best way to visit them is by doing a few days boat trip. You can find all sorts of boat trips for different budgets and within a different comfort category. So, what would you prefer? Living the experience like a fisherman and eat the catch of the day or enjoy the luxury of a private boat cruise?
One thing is certain, you will enjoy this adventure!
The boat trip usually lasts 4 days, from Lombok to Flores or Flores to Lombok. The recommended season to enroll in such adventure is from mid-March to the beginning of December where the weather conditions are the best.
You will have the chance to do various activities:
- Visiting natural parks: the boat stops in Rinca islands and Komodo Island where you can see the Komodo dragons in their natural habitat. You will really feel like Jurassic Park by being so close to these predators.
- Hiking in Padar island to admire the incredible view with the 3 color beaches. It can be exhausting but worthy!
- Beaches and snorkeling in Gili Laba or in Pink beach where you can admire the colorful fishes and coral reef.
- Swim with manta rays: Even if it’s not guaranteed, you’ll have a lot of chances to see some and swim with them if you dare! So be ready to jump off the boat in the middle of the ocean to be close to these huge beauties.
- Waterfall jumping in Mojo islands.
The boat arrives in Lombok, where you can choose to continue your Indonesian adventure by visiting the island of Lombok with its stunning beaches, or go to the paradisiac Gili islands and try to dive on the best diving spot in the world or even go back to Bali. You have the choice in your hands!
More and more companies are offering these boat trio, choose one with a limited number of people on board to live the Robinson Crusoe at 100%, and one engaged in nature preservation!