If you are a business or destination and you have taken responsibility to make tourism better in a way that fits one of this year’s categories you should consider applying for a Responsible Tourism Award. If you are a holidaymaker, traveller or a resident in a destination where the management of tourism has improved, consider encouraging the business or destination to apply for an award. It is time to apply for a 2022 Responsible Tourism Award.
The World Responsible Tourism Awards are open to destinations and tourism businesses. Every year remarkable new responsible businesses and destinations are ‘discovered’ and recognised through the Awards.
Free to enter, we look for tried and tested solutions that work for destinations and businesses, solutions that make better places for people to live in and better places for people to visit – in that order.
There are ten categories this year:
1. Decarbonising Travel & Tourism
2. Sustaining Employees and Communities through the Pandemic
3. Destinations Building Back Better Post-COVID
4. Increasing Diversity in Tourism: How inclusive is our industry?
5. Reducing Plastic Waste in the Environment
6. Growing the Local Economic Benefit
7. Access for the differently-abled as travellers, employees, and holidaymakers
8. Increasing tourism’s contribution to natural heritage and biodiversity
9. Conserving water and improving water security and supply for neighbours
10. Contributing to cultural heritage
If you know of businesses and destinations doing good work and taking responsibility, please nominate them and encourage them to apply. The Judges can only select from amongst those that apply.
The India Awards close on June 30th and will be presented in Bhopal in September. The Rest of the World Awards close on August 31st and will be presented at the World Travel Market (WTM) London in November.
The Gold winners in each region are automatically entered into the Global Awards presented at WTM London in November.