Dubai-based carrier flydubai has unveiled its latest premium business class seat, offering passengers added comfort, privacy and an exceptional onboard experience.
The Business Suite, designed exclusively for single-aisle aircraft, is the latest evolution in flydubai’s Business Class offering which will see 10 suites introduced to a number of the carrier’s newest aircraft before the end of 2023. The new seat will offer all passengers in Business Class direct aisle access, which rivals the Business Class experience on board many wide-body aircraft.
Flydubai is committed to exceeding expectations.Ghaith Al Ghaith, Chief Executive Officer at flydubai
“Our business and product offerings have evolved from the initial no-frills model over the past 14 years to cater to the ever-growing needs of our customers and the markets we operate to. We have come a long way since the introduction of our first Business Class offering in 2013, which has served us well. Today, we are proud to unveil a new premium product which rivals the Business Class experience offered by many airlines on wide-body aircraft. We will continue to invest in innovation to enhance the customer experience across our growing fleet”, Ghaith Al Ghaith, Chief Executive Officer at flydubai, commented at the launch on 1 May.
The Business Suite features:
- Privacy and added comfort from a fully closed suite experience to a more traditional open-plan seat for greater social interaction, passengers will be able to choose their own level of privacy based on their mood.
- Discreet and thoughtful stowage solutions will keep a passenger’s personal items readily accessible while maintaining a clutter-free living space.
- Ambient lighting has been set into the shell of the seat. It’s also been incorporated under the ottoman and inside personal stowage areas, so the entire suite has a relaxing ambience.
- Entertainment Bluetooth allows the use of personal headphones with a 17-inch 4K built-in touchscreen for an immersive viewing experience, with hours of blockbuster movies and popular TV shows to enjoy.
- Dining a selection of delicious meals, snacks and complimentary hot and cold beverages are available to passengers in Business Class. Hot meals from an internationally inspired menu are offered on flights over 90 minutes and lighter cold meals on shorter flights.
“The increased height of the back-shell, a sliding suite door and direct aisle access for every passenger create a level of privacy never before seen on Boeing 737s. We have been working with Safran Seats and JPA Design over the past three years to develop an experience that meets the growing demand for premium air travel services across our network, offering passengers wide-body comfort on our narrow-body fleet”, said Daniel Kerrison, Vice President of Inflight Product at flydubai.
The first aircraft featuring the new Business Suite is expected to join the flydubai fleet in November. The new premium Business Class experience will be available on up to six aircraft by the first quarter of 2024 and will be scheduled on select longer flights around the flydubai network.
The unique business class seats were created in close collaboration with Safran Seats, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of aircraft seats, and JPA Design, a multinational design company operating in the transportation, interiors and product design arenas.