Finnair is offering complimentary Covid-19 insurance coverage for customers departing from Finland. Launched on November 3rd, Finnair Corona Cover provides extra protection and security for customers for all existing and new bookings, traveling between November 3rd, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
The new insurance coverage is complimentary, and comes with all Finnair tickets booked through Finnair sales channels – including Finnair.com, the Finnair mobile app or via the airline’s customer service – for international travel originating from Finland.
What it entails is that, if a customer were to fall ill with coronavirus in their destination, the customer can then claim for any coronavirus-related medical and quarantine expenses incurred in their destination. The Finnair Corona Cover is a supplement to any travel insurance the customer might have.
It is important that Finnair customers feel they can travel safely as we recognize that traveling during the pandemic comes with new kinds of concerns and challengesTiina Tissari, Finnair Vice President
“To meet the needs of our customers during the Covid-19 outbreak, Finnair has introduced its complimentary Finnair Corona Cover, which included cover for medical and quarantine expenses should those insured with us become sick with coronavirus while traveling.”
Finnair Corona Cover includes the following expenses for customers in their destination:
- Covid-19 related medical expenses and medical repatriation up to €50,000, e.g. for a hospital stay or doctor visits
- The price of a coronavirus test, if the result is positive
- Additional quarantine costs, resulting from falling ill with coronavirus, up to €100 for a maximum of 14 days, which could cover additional overnight accommodation
- A new return flight back to Finland, if the original flight is missed due to illness related to coronavirus.
- The cover is valid in all foreign destinations, without any extra fees.
The Finnair Corona Cover is also included in Aurinkomatkat package trips and Finnair Holidays bookings, when the destination is outside Finland.
Customers are advised to contact Finnair’s insurance partner for a consultation and approval for any medical or other expenses before using local services. Expenses will be settled directly with local service providers, provided each customer first contacts and is given approval from the insurance partner.
The service is provided to Finnair customers, 24/7, with English-speaking customer service agents available to provide assistance.