8,500 wines from 46 producer countries competed this year in the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles in Brno, Czech Republic, from September 4-6.
Complying with current safety rules, the organizers managed the three days of tastings with impeccable professionalism. Strict safety precautions were applied to every aspect of the competition, from the table arrangements, the wine serving rules and disinfection of equipment to restrictions of movement in the tasting hall. The host country proved itself to be extremely capable, efficient and skillful at preparing this year’s Concours Mondial de Bruxelles.
Medals were awarded to wines from 40 different countries. At the top, with the highest number of accolades stands France (570), followed by Spain (495), Italy (363) and Portugal (306). The Czech Republic picked up 112 awards, thus securing fifth place.
For the full list of the results click here.
In addition to the Silver, Gold and Grand Gold Medals, the competition also awarded Revelation trophies to the wines with the highest score in different categories.
This year, the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles introduced a new category dedicated to the best oaked wine – the Sylvain Revelation Oaked Wine.
- 2020 International Revelation Red Wine – Schenk, 2016 Cuvée Noémie – Côtes du Roussillon Villages, Languedoc-Roussillon, France
- 2020 International Revelation White Wine – B/V Vinařství, 2015 Hibernal, vyber z hroznu – Znojemska, South Moravia, Czech Republic
- 2020 Vinolok Revelation Rosé Wine – Chateau Purcari, 2019 Vinohora, Feteasca Neagra & Montepulciano – Stefan Voda, Republic of Moldova
- 2020 International Revelation Sweet Wine – La Vialla, 2012 Occhio di Pernice Riserva – Vin Santo del Chianti DOC, Tuscany, Italy
- 2020 International Revelation Organic Wine – Finca Manzanares, 2017 Palarea – Vino de la Tierra de Castilla, Castilla-la-Mancha, Spain
- 2020 International Revelation Sparkling Wine – PH-CH, 2006 Champagne Rare Millésime – Champagne, France
- 2020 Sylvain Revelation Oaked Wine – Bodegas Corral, 2008 Don Jacobo Gran Reserva – Rioja DOCa, Spain.
For the full list of Revelations click here.