From September onwards cruise company Princess Cruises will resume sailings from USA ports in Los Angeles, San Francisco and Fort Lauderdale, for vaccinated passengers.
1. Sailings from the US resume
Between September 25th and November 28th Princess Cruises will deploy eight ships as follows:
- Grand Princess, a five-day Cabo San Lucas cruise departing Los Angeles on September 25th to the California coast, Mexico and Hawaii
- Majestic Princess from Los Angeles to the California coast, Mexico and Hawaii
- Ruby Princess from San Francisco to destinations in California, Mexico and Hawaii
- Enchanted Princess from Fort Lauderdale to the southern and eastern Caribbean
- Sky Princess, Regal Princess and Caribbean Princess from Fort Lauderdale to the eastern and western Caribbean
- Crown Princess from Fort Lauderdale to the Panama Canal
2. Mandatory vaccination for passengers
To board the cruises passengers must have received their final dose of an approved Covid-19 vaccine at least two weeks before their cruise departure date, and must provide proof of this. Princess Cruises said that crews onboard will also be vaccinated in accordance with CDC guidelines, and the cruise line has also implemented new protocols and enhanced sanitisation onboard. Additionally all of the company’s ships offer the OceanMedallion, a wearable device enabling touchless embarkation and disembarkation, keyless stateroom entry and contactless commerce.
(1/3) GOOD NEWS ALERT: As we continue our return to service, we are thrilled to announce our intent to return to service in the United States sailing from Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Ft. Lauderdale this fall! pic.twitter.com/NhN3hVPCX6— Princess Cruises (@PrincessCruises) June 17, 2021
3. Cancellation of other cruises
Due to the US sailings resuming, the cruise line said some cruises will be cancelled, including the Island Princess’ remaining Europe and transatlantic season. The company will price-protect a replacement voyage, or guests can choose to receive a future cruise credit of 100% of the cruise fare paid with an additional 10% bonus credit, or opt for a full refund. Unless requested otherwise by July 17th, guests will automatically receive the option of a future cruise credit, which are valid for sailings through December 31st 2022.
4. Future information
“As we continue our return to service, it is a thrill for us to be able to bring more cruise vacation options to our travel-starved guests,” Princess president Jan Swartz said in a statement. “We appreciate the support of government and port officials who we worked closely with to make these travel opportunities available, in a thoughtful and safe way, for our guests.” Details on dining, entertainment and shore excursions for the cruises are expected in the coming weeks.